POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Copying isn't theft : Re: Copying isn't theft Server Time
29 Sep 2024 17:17:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Copying isn't theft
From: Mueen Nawaz
Date: 16 May 2009 10:38:06
Message: <4a0ecfce$1@news.povray.org>
somebody wrote:
> It's exactly the same situation with copyright. I did not wish for you to
> have copies of my work, and I had the right to not have you copies of my
> work. You have illegally taken away my ability to exercise those benefits
> and rights. What is being taken away is not the piece of paper (car title or
> copyright statement), but whatever rights are granted to the rightful owner
> *on* that piece of paper.

	Hmm... So let's say that I administer a gym run by the city (it's
public). I don't like you, so I don't let you in. I have illegally taken
away your ability to exercise your benefits and rights.

	Is that theft?

	I don't serve a white person in my restaurant because of his race. Is
that theft?

--
Decafalon (n.): The grueling event of getting through the day consuming
only things that are good for you.

                   /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                   anl